Sunday, January 30, 2011

Reasons I love this house

1. There is always someone around to talk to - No matter what time of the day you come home or when you wake up, someone is around to hear about your day or the weird dream you had.

2. You can be drawn into a theological conversation just by walking down the hall- I don't think a day goes by here without someone debating or discussing some meaningful type subject matter. I love that we engage in good conversation on a regular basis.

3. Studying/Reading together in the living room - Its easier to do your homework when 3 other people are sitting next to you doing theirs. This is also helpful when you need someone to edit your papers or keep you focused.

4. Pancake Fridays - Gloria gets up and makes pancakes for everyone every Friday morning. Its the best.

5. Sunday night dinner and devotions - I love when we all gather together and help prepare a meal. Everyone contributes whatever ingredients they have and we all eat and then do devotions together.

6. Hearing everyones story - Lately, instead of devotions we have been going through each member of the house and hearing their life story. I think its a great way to connect with each other more and I've loved hearing about everyones life and being able to share about mine.

7. Borrowing clothes - I love that when I am running low on clean laundry, I can step across the hall and grab something to throw on. Communal clothing is a huge plus to living with these girls.

8. Sharing food - Sometimes, people make too much of something or are just feeling generous and we get some tasty morsels that we didn't even cook ourselves!

9. Musicians - There are many musicians in this house. I love the sound of guitar and piano and singing wafting through the house and I love that we can use them for worship times as well.

10. Learning more about Jesus - Through the relationships here and through the way we are learning and growing, I am seeing more and more about what Jesus wants us to be and how to love more like He loves us. Everyone here is such a blessing and everyone reveals something else about the nature of God.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful post Rebecca and I fully fully agree.

    Also, should borrow some of your clothes sometimes.

    ReplyDelete